Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My miracle drug

I went to Houston on the 1st, and met with a neurologist named Dr Phan. She is a wise woman and made me feel very confident in her knowledge of Lambert-Eaton Myastenic Gravis. This is a rare disease that has rendered my legs nearly useless, weakening my arms, and making it hard to swallow. Due to this sickness, I have a hospital bed, and a scooter heading my way. It is all I can do to get from my bed to my recliner. I cannot sit up on my own, so to get out of bed, I've had to take the box springs off my bed, and roll off onto the floor, get on my knees, and slowly pull myself up. I have fallen into the bathtub, out of the bathtub, or can't get out of the tub at all. So it has kind of sucked that I've fought so hard to beat this cancer, but then to spend my life bed bound, is no quality of life. I hate to admit it, but the harder it has gotten to walk, the more I have prayed God would take me on. Dr phan was telling me about this drug that has been used in Europe with great results. Only it has not been approved by the FDA here. However, due to a compassionate care program, one dr in the US has access to it, and it happens to be Dr Phan. She approved me for it, and I got my 1st bottle today. I took 1 pill this morning, and 1 pill this afternoon. After just 2 pills, I was walking so well, Kate and I went to ikea, I walked every step, and felt strong with every step. It is a miracle. The last time I went to the dr, Kate had to push me in a wheelchair, because i was so weak. I felt like I could have danced the night away just after 2 pills. I am in awe. Now I can concentrate on beating cancer, instead of praying to die. God is so awesome. Meeting Dr Phan was a miracle in itself, and could have only happened thru God. Getting the drug- 3,4 DAP, was a miracle, and since it has not been approved by the FDA, they only charge me shipping. Nothing for the medicine. So what a miracle. I am so grateful to God for all He has done, how He has intervened, and has looked out for me, especially when I didn't even know what to pray for. I love the Lord. I love that He still loves me even when I argue with him. Tonight, I'm just grateful. I love miracles, and especially, when they happen to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a testimony to God's power! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Becky, I am so glad! Sharon