Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trip to Houston

Kate got me to Houston without a hitch. Saw the neurologist, and it was a great visit. She said I definitely have Lambert-Eaton, and I definitely have small cell lung, she has my records. What has amazed her is how good I look when in reality I should be dead. I told her that I told God I wasn't going. She said I definitely qualify for the miracle drug called 3 4 DAP. She is mailing a 2 month supply to my home and I should have it by the end of the week. I am so, so blessed. Without this drug, dr said I would be bedbound within a month. I couldn't stand that. To have fought so hard to live, only to end up in bed the rest of my life. Dr said I should feel the difference within a few days, maybe even first day. Praise the Lord! This is the best news I've had since I was told I was going to die. Course, I guess any news would be better than being told I was going to die. So I am excited! I get the medicine for free, I just pay the shipping. And I only see this dr once every 6 months. My neurologist will monitor me more frequently. I looked out the window while I was there, and saw MD Anderson. Hospital. My sis was there while fighting a deadly throat cancer. She has been cancer free for 16 years. I took this as a sign of hope. I love the Lord I serve. For getting me to Houston safely, getting me in with these drs, getting me this miracle drug. But most of all for putting up with my nonsense. I do admit, this is one of those times I just want my mama. Keep praying and keep the faith. Becky

No comments: