Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another day

Today, it has been confirmed I have small cell carcinoma. This means I am going to die. I
would love to tell you I am facing this with courage and dignity, but the truth is I am
facing this with fear, wailing, and gnashing of teeth. I am not going willingly. I am a
Christ Follower, so tho I am not afraid to die and go be with my Lord, Savior, and Creator,
It is more important to me to be a mother, grandmother, sister, aunt, niece, cousin, and
friend. It is important to me to be in church, go back to work, even part time, watch my
Garden come up and make vegetables, and take the grandkids to six flags. What I do know, is that God didn't make me sick. He didn't give me this dreaded decease, and He is here to carry
Me when I cannot carry myself. I have given my testimony at churches and told them how good
God is. I still plan to give my testimony, reminding them how good he still is. Keep praying
For me. I still need it. I need a peaceful night, or just a peaceful minute. Love to you all
Keep the faith

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Becky!
I'm a friend of Amanda's- we met years ago at ValleyCreek and had our babies (Brystol and Brenner) months apart. My family and I are praying for you during the difficult time. I have saved your blog in my favorites so I can know how to pray. Big hugs!
Jenny James

The Young's said...

Becca,

We will continue to pray! You mean so much to our family and have left a lasting impression on Sean's life that has forever changed him. He thinks of you often and worries about you a lot.

Thank you for touching my husband's heart and being the motherly influence he has needed in his life. You are such a blessing to so many! Brittin was trying to come and find you a few weeks ago when we were at the store and she was sad you were not there :)

God Bless you and your entire family,
Sean, Krista, & Brittin Young

Anonymous said...

Becky

I am praying for you. We were told by grandpa's doctor that only God knows when it is our time. Enjoy each and everyday that God gives you. I'm praying for your kids ands grandkids. You have a great support team. I love you so much!

I can never express the feelings I have for you. You have provided me with so much knowledge. During our meetings you were honest and that is what I needed. I don't I would be married today if it wasn't for you. I so wanted to run away and you taught me to stand firm.

We will continue to pray for you!

Love you
Dillina

Anonymous said...

Love you Becky!
-Bernadette

Amy said...

Becky - I cannot imagine hearing that news. I have no idea what to say. All I know is that He will never leave you or forsake you. I am praying for peace for you! Much love - Amy

Sandra Hawkins said...

Isaiah 53:5-6
But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities;the punishment that brought us peace was on him,and by his wounds we are healed. We all, like sheep, have gone astray,each of us has turned to our own way;and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.