Saturday, December 10, 2011

A good day

Today has been a good day. I have to say my first good day in a long time, very long time. Not because I especially feel better, not because I suddenly don't have cancer, I still do. But it's because I decided to have a good day. I have believed happiness is a choice, and today I made the decision to make it a good day. I got out of the house, smelled the fresh air. Went to walmart and WALKED. Miracle, huh. All the books or articles I have read on cancer says "don't stop exercising. Well, I never really exercised, but I would walk to the moon and back helping customers at Home Depot. Due to lambert-eaton, I could not walk very well. The clinical trial drug I take helps alot. So I walked. Tomorrow night, I am going to the Home Depot Christmas party. That should be fun. I'm a little intimidated because I look way different with cancer than without. But it will be fun. I will just be happy to be around my Home Depot family. I cannot believe that 2 weeks ago I was in ICU, fighting for my life, literally, and tomorrow I'm going to a party. Thank you Lord for giving me more time. According to my drs in march this year, I should be dead by now. Long gone. But glory to God, I'm still here, plus I just refuse to go yet. I'm anxious for Christmas, seeing my kids and grandkids, eating too much food, and giving gifts. I'm anxious to celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior, and to see what comes next. In march, will be a year since diagnosed. Keep praying. Dont stop. Don't give up on me, cuz I'm fighting. Keep the faith. Becky

No comments: