Monday, December 5, 2011

What a week

For those that do not know, I have been in the fight of my life. On Monday, last week, I began brain radiation. First day of 15. At the end of day 1, I was exhausted. I went back home to my daughters house. I laid down to sleep, and tho I have no memory of it, she told me I got up a couple of times thru out the night. Day 2, we drive back downtown for my brain radiation. This is the last of my memories for several days. I woke up in ICU, not quite sure how I got there, groggy, exhausted, and a family and friends that prayed for recovery. What I do know, is I was in a spiritual battle for my life. Not for my soul, but for my life. I have come out of it exhausted, head in a fog, and not ready to do battle again anytime soon. According to my daughter, I was no longer there. I, her mother, was gone. She said I kept trying to step out of her bus on the highway while she's traveling 70 mph. She said I babbled, made no sense, even went so far as to scare my grandkids, because I was so "gone". So today, I thank my daughter, for hanging on to me, for keeping me safe. I thank my family and friends for praying without ceasing, and most of all, I thank my God for giving me a time left on earth. I love the Lord, and I thank him for fighting this battle for me. (tho somehow I'm still exhausted). Tho today I spend my days laying around and just resting, I am grateful to be here. Keep praying for me. Pray for strength, pray for healing, for now, brain radiation is off the table. My meds have been cut way back, and I am ready to move forward. Keep praying. I surely do need it. Becky

No comments: