Friday, December 16, 2011

I fell

About a month ago, I fell in the bathtub. Kind of a side effect from Lambert-eaton, and weak legs and arms. I hit my shoulder, and tho I didn't bruise, I was sore, but thought it would be ok. A week goes by, and it just gets worse. Went in for x-rays, they show nothing. Over the next 2 weeks, it progressively gets worse. Back to the dr, x-rays, nothing. Went in for brain radiation, and we all know how that turned out. While in hospital, arm hurting beyond belief, so they x-rayed, never heard anything. Had a ct scan done, and that showed torn rotator cuff and twisted nerves. Ortho guy talking surgery, and I'm trying to get it scheduled before end of the year. Then Cheryl had a thought. Maybe I should check with oncologist and make sure it was ok. Didn't think of that. The only thing about surgery that scared me was when they attempted to do the bronchospy I woke up in ICU on a ventilator. So I called the oncologist, talked about surgery on rotator cuff, and the reply was "no way". If I would have let them cut me, the cancer would have spread. Thank you, Cheryl for thinking of such things. I never would have. I am scheduled for a PET scan after Christmas. I am praying for good results. I am praying for my health, a good Christmas, and help with medical bills. Not for this year, but next. Keep praying, and keep the faith. Becky

No comments: