Sunday, June 10, 2012

I keep reminding God, that if He would let me live a little longer, I would spend my days sharing Christ. Some days are hard just getting out of bed. But everytime I wake up, I praise him for another day to share what he has done for me. Tomorrow night, I will be giving my testimony in Lewisville. If I could just reach one person, at least one, I will have more company in heaven. I have lived a good life. It wasn't always good, but I always remained standing, thanks to God. At 56, I will tell you I have lived a lifetime. It hasn't always been easy, but God was with me every step of the way. I leaned on him, more times that I can count. He's always been faithful, even when I was not faithful to him. I am amazed at the grace and mercy God has always shown me. I have never been as forgiving and gracious as the God I serve. I still praise God even with this cancer. He didn't give me cancer, my smoking did it. But God has got me thru everything I been thru. I had an old friend from Tulsa come to visit this weekend. I love the whole family. Many years ago, I met their mom in college and we immediately became friends. I had 2 kids at home, and they have 4. Being a single parent, it was hard to feed us all at times. Malinda and Fred were in about the same financially. We would call each to see what the other one was fixin to serve for supper I would tell them I had these vegetables. No meat. Malinda had meat but no vegetables. So we would get together, pool our foods, and what came out out was more food than we could eat. Kinda like Jesus feeding the masses. Our food just kept coming. I have been so blessed to know this family, and I have loved them for 30 or so years. I am so blessed to have so many praying for me, and trusting Godto hear our cries. I would challenge each of you to to keep praying and keep the faith. At this point, faith is the main reason I'm alive. Love you all, Becky

1 comment:

Laura Carey said...

Becky - I Love You so much my Southern Friend. It will surely be a very very sad here on earth the day you are called Home. I will miss you terribly but I know I WILL see you one day, My Friend.....

Laura