Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's always good to go home

The last few months have been a whirlwind, sickly, and scary. I have spent much time in the hospital, sometimes in a very painful state. The doctors have run tests, rendered treatment, sometimes painfully. So needless to say, this has not been a fun few months. This past week, a dear friend passed away, and I went to Tulsa for the funeral. When I walked in, I realized that was the first time I had been back in my home church since my husbands funeral was held there. I was blessed to spend time with my dear friends of many years and we just seemed to pick up where we left off. I finally landed at my brother and sister in laws house. They are Bill and Brenda. We got my brother, Mike there, and my sister, Ruby came down from Kansas. The really cool part about the 4 of us is we are truly close and love one another. We also respect and care about and for each other. So after the last few months, I have really needed my family. I just needed to "go home". Tho it is not the house we grew up in, "home" is where the 4 of us are. We shopped together, house hunted for mike a house, cooked way too much food, ate like pigs, and laughed like everything was funny. My 2 nephews, Freddie and Daniel came over last night, along with my niece, Miriah, and her friend, Gina. The boys played guitars and sang. We tried to sing along, but we mainly ate pie and home made ice cream, and let them sing. Our mouths were busy. I am so grateful for my family. I am so thankful that we love and accept each other even with our differences and sameness. I have an awesome family, and even the greatest sister in law in the world. She not only puts up with our nonsense, but loves us anyway. Thank you, Brenda! It was hard for us all to leave each other this morning. The last time we had seen each other was when I was in the hospital and still pretty sick. So this was great. I guess it is true when people say, "you can't go home again", but that is not true in our case. "Home" is where the 4 of us are. And since we count Brenda, home would be where the 5 of us are. To my siblings, I love you all. And I miss you already. Becky

No comments: