Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Step sisters on my Fathers side

Tomorrow is my friends funeral. Tho I know she was/is a Christ follower, the world will not be the same without her in it. I lived in Tulsa for 30 years before moving back to my home state of Texas. In the course of that 30 years, I have been blessed to know many people. And it's kind of crazy when I say "know", because the truth is, it is more than that. We have a genuine love, respect, and caring for one another that time and distance doesn't change. I don't know how many people realize just how awesome this is. We just kind of pick up where we left off, no matter how much time it has been. With me also fighting for my life, and knowing I, too, have a terminal disease, this death of my dear friend not only fills my heart with such grief, it also scares me. I know she must have wanted to live, just the same as I do. I am sure she fought the fight with all her strength, just as I have done. But the one thing I know about Marilyn, is that she changed lives of everyone she touched, and therefore, changed the world. How incredible is that? I pray others will be able to say that about me when I die. My prayer every day is just that I pray people can see Christ thru me. That they will know Him because of my actions and words. Don't get me wrong, I also pray to live. A long life. But don't we all. Tonight, I am grateful for my friends, my family, and my step sisters on my Fathers side. We have gotten each other thru much. I need them to know how much I love them. How much I respect them. And how I know without them, my life would not be the same. You women are amazing. I have learned much about the God I serve because of you women. for that, I am grateful so to my step sisters, I owe you much. But the most important thing, is I owe you my eternity. Without you, I never would have understood the grace and mercy of my Lord. You women are my angels, and I love you all.

1 comment:

oldator said...

God has known you from the creation of this universe. He knew exactly how many days you would walk on this earth, as well as the rest of us. He knew whether you would accept His Son, as your Lord and Savior. He knows each person's life you have touched, and there are probably more than you remember. Know that Jesus is the Lord of your life, and that in Him you can be assured of a place in Heaven.