Friday, September 9, 2011

My Bros and Sis

For those of you that haven't known me for many years, you would have no way to know that my sister is a 16 year cancer survivor. She was the only one of us that never smoked and ended up with throat cancer. The drs at MD Anderson said she was terminal. They couldn't save her life, but they could prolong it. Well, at this point, it's been prolonged 16 years. I have had a rough week. I have been told things from drs I interpreted as terrible, and I took them at their word. I mean, come on, how many miracles does one family get? And she got it first. Based on my extreme fatigue, and just overall feeling really bad, not even energy to do my laundry, I have felt my life was getting shorter and shorter. I have stated this to my brothers last week, and to my sister this week. Well, me saying this didn't set too well with the sibs. Now it's truly how I felt because I seem to be getting worse instead of better. Fatigue levers are thru the roof, I just don't feel good. I see iy as a down hill slide. After my sister did her own rear chewing, she explained it was because it takes alot to bounce back from chemo. Alot. I had no idea it would take this long. She reminded me that after radiation, I would feel like I was dying, but I won't be. Wish they wrote a book on what to expect. But then I guess all people are different. So tonight, I am grateful for my rear chewing bros and sis. I am thankful God put them in my life so I won't give up. I am thankful they remind me what I'm fighting for, even if I do call them ugly names because they are right. I love you, Ruby, Mike, William, and Brenda. This is not a journey I am on alone, I just forget that sometimes. Thank you for being there! Becky

1 comment:

Lisa Cole said...

The fervent prayer of a righteouss man availeth much. We who love you are not through praying.