Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Brystol

I have a little granddaughter that is 2 years old. Her name is Brystol. One of the things I love about Brystol is she is always smiling. Quite unusual for a 2 year old. She just seems to find the world, and all it's creatures funny. She has a big cheesy smile, and will have you laughing at her antics in nothing flat. The only things in life she seems to need is her sippy cup and her yo gabba gabba dolls. If you don't know what those are, don't feel bad. I didn't know until last year. She is surrounded by people that love and care about her, and she knows that. She has her Bub, who she thinks hung the moon. And there is nothing he would not do for her. Then she has her big sister, Ga-Ga, who helps her with things, or takes things away she shouldn't have. She has Elleigh, her little sister, that she just knows mama and daddy brought home so she would have her own baby. But no matter what happens, she just smiles. I've learned alot from this little 2 year old. Life really isn't so complicated, if you are a Christian. Sure, I am having some health issues, ok, major health issues. My mama used to always tell me " you have the same drawers on to get glad in". So I may as well smile and go on. I am surrounded by people that love me, whether it's family, friends, church family, co workers, etc. I am loved by God, the Creator of the universe. Did you catch that? I am so special, that I am loved by the creator of the universe! How awesome is that? I am surrounded, like Brystol, with people that do those things for me, that I am now unable to do myself. Brystol has a funny sense of humor, and sees the world thru her own eyes. Not mine. Not yours. She is like her mama in that she is going to do things her own way, and she somehow knows it will all come out ok. She loves to get hugs, and loves to give hugs. Frankly, I think she is quite amazing, and when I grow up, I want to see the world thru her eyes. Tho maybe I do to some degree. I find humor in the world, and the people around me. An example is when the neurologist yesterday kept talking about 2 years, bla, bla, bla, 2 years. Finally, I asked him what he was talking about with 2 years. He said,"has no one ever told you your life expectancy?". I told him no they had not because I never asked, and frankly didn't want to know. Oops! On the way home, I kept thinking about his 2 year life expectancy. 2 years from when? When did the 2 years begin? From diagnosis? That would be march. But what if I had gone to the dr in Jan, would I just keel over dead in Jan 2013? What if I still hadn't gone to the dr yet, would my time not have started yet? What if I cross the international date line? Do I get another day, or die a day sooner? Do I wait until someone says "ready, set, go!". This 2 year thing is so confusing, I think I just won't die. I think I'll just stick it out until the rapture then we can all go together. I never liked taking trips by myself anyway. Life is funny. Brystol baby, thank you for reminding Nanny how funny life can be. And honey, like you, I will just keep smiling. Keep the faith, Becky

No comments: