Sunday, July 10, 2011

Be thankful in all things?

In Ephrsians 5:20, it reads" Always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ". Always? Are you serious? Now, some things are easy. I can easily give thanks for my home, my friends. For Cheryl, who is more than a friend and has become my caregiver.I can give thanks that my poor old car is paid off. I can easily thank God for my children ( or at least most of them) and all of my 10 grandchildren. I can thank God for grandbaby number 11 on her way. So these things are easy to be grateful for. In 1 Thessalonians 5:18, it reads" No matter what happens, always be thankful, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus". Always? No matter what happens? Well, my life has been hard lately and I am supposed to be thankful no matter what happens? God, what is up with that? I am to be thankful, I have terminal lung cancer, don't work my job anymore, with eaton-lambert syndrome, I do well to stay on my feet and not fall over like a weeble. I am to be thankful my money is cut in half? I am to be thankful I have to humiliate, or humble myself to always ask for help for things I could do before. So the word today is thankful...in all things. Now God, that is a tall order. But I will have a shot at it. I am thankful that even tho I dont work my job anymore, I have disability. I still get to go to Home Depot and see my friends, my disease may be terminal, but there was a time I only had a couple of weeks to live, and I'm still here. I am thankful to have friends to come and help me when I need it, thank you everyone. I am thankful for the help of my daughter and son in law, and to the grandkids who make me laugh. I am thankful to Cheryl for explaining things the drs say to me, because I am too intimidated to ask. I am thankful to Baylor Cancer Treatment center and their whole staff of experienced drs, who's only job is to save my life. So maybe thankfulness is all in attitude. Maybe it is just how I need to look at things. So while I'm at it, I am thankful for Christs love, that he died to the cross in my place. I am thankful to have a relationship with Him, and I am thankful when I die, I will go to heaven and be with Him. And my husband, and mama, and grandmama, and grandpa, brother, grandchildren. I will just be busy visiting when I get to heaven. So, ok, God, when I first read this, I thought you were making some kind of weird joke, but I can see it now. I am thankful, for everything that has been thrown my way. You and I can do it. You are an amazing God and I will forever worship you, in everything. Keep the faith, Becky

No comments: