Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm home

I am so blessed. I just got back from a few days out of town. Went to Corpus Christi to visit my favorite uncle, Freddie, and his honey. I had days to not think about chemo, radiation, blood draws, neurologists, eaton-lambert syndrome. So I am blessed. I feel God watched over us going and coming. No car problems. I didn't post results of last scan because I had conflicting reports. According to what the nurse told me, it wasn't so good. This news upset me so much, she had the dr call. He wasn't sure what I was upset about because he thought things were excellent, and on track. I see the dr tomorrow, and God knows the outcome. I will trust Him. It's just hard when you know your cancer is ultimately terminal, the question is how long I can hang on, or how long God will give me here. So all I can do is trust God. So I am blessed. I visited Freddie and Nancy, went and saw their beautiful bed and breakfast they are building. The 16th was Cheryls birthday, and my friend, Kathys birthday. I have been friends with Kathy since we were in Jr High. We went to kings Inn at Baffin Bay, and ate a wonderful supper with birthday cake, thanks to kathys sister, laura, and her hubby. On the way back, I made Cheryl stop at every house, looking for someone home, so I could ask permission to take some cotton from their fields. This being Texas a person could get shot stealing a mans cotton. I finally found someone home, after about 7 or 8 houses, and I was able to pick some. Now I got it because I don't think my grandkids have seen cotton in the bole, and the plant stalk. If they have, the least they can do is pretend they have never seen it. So I'm so glad to be home, in my own bed. I so loved my trip but I begin my 3 days of chemo again tomorrow. Ugh. God will go with me. He will direct my path, and will give me strength to put one foot in front of the other. I love the Lord, and besides, I didn't steal the cotton, I asked permission :) keep praying for me. Thank everyone for all the prayers so far. Just keep the faith. Becky

No comments: