Saturday, July 23, 2011

The passing of Tom

Another dear friend passed away from cancer the other day. I have known Tom for 6 1/2 years. I love Tom and he will truly be missed. His viewing was today, and I couldn't help but wonder how long it would be until it was me there. It was me in that casket, and the thought made me incredibly sad. Sad it was Tom, and sad for myself. Tom wanted to live like I do. He wanted to work with his Home Depot family as I do. He has a family that loves him, as i do. And friends that love him, as i do. He had plans and dreams for a future, as I do, and neither of us had any amount of guarantee for tomorrow without pain involved. I know none of us have any guarantee of a future, but when you have cancer, it kinda moves it to the front of the line. Before my diagnoses, tho i knew as everyone we could die in the blink of an eye..car wreck, heart attack, accident, but I didn't think about it so much. Having cancer, moves everything to the front of the line. I will so miss Tom. I will miss his smile, his wisdom, that gleam in his eye, his helpfulness, or just a kind word and a smile. Tom was just one of those guys that you have to wonder how the world is going to make it without him. And then he's one of those guys that was such a good man, you have to scratch your head and wonder "why him"? So today im sad. Sad we've lost another to cancer, sad to have lost a dear friend, sad that the world will never be the same, but most of all, sad my dear friend has passed away. I will truly miss him. I love you, Tom. Becky

No comments: