Saturday, July 16, 2011

A short trip to Corpus Christi

Cheryl and I have had a great time on our short trip. It was nice to get away from chemo, blood draws, drs appts, it just never ends. So the last few days, I have been in Corpus visiting my uncle Freddie, and Nancy. Tho I still brought my cancer with me, and my bald head, it has been great visiting people I love. Today, Cheryl and I met up with my friend, Kathy Weimer Brown. Today was hers and cheryls birthday so a group Of us went to kings inn for an awesome supper. On the way home, I snagged some cotton out of the many cotton fields. I don't know if my grandchildren have ever seen cotton grow. In the morning, we will make a trip back out to freddies to tell him and Nancy goodbye, then back on the road headed home. My life begins again Monday. Chemo Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. And a million drs appts. So this has been great to step out of my world, if only for a minute. Cancer is a hard journey, and the break from it has been nice. I am so thankful for our safe trip, and the fun we've had. I should be home by tomorrow night. Keep the faith, Becky

No comments: