Friday, May 13, 2011

Good Friday 13th

What a day! So blessed to attend my daughters graduation from Texas Womens university. Not so easy if you consider she is a wife, mother of 4, and pregnant with her 5th child! So, needless to say, I am proud. Proud of her will, stamina, and determination to succeed. I sure love her. I got other good news! I had my scan yesterday and today, it shows my tumors have not just improved, but " greatly" improved. Now how awesome is that? The good news is now I am cleared for chemo and radiation. Both. I am praying for the miracle. Dr konduri told me if I had this type of chemo and radiation, I would be sicker than I've ever been. I have heard these words over and over from the dr, but I told him I would do it. Whatever it took. I am grateful for the opportunity to have treatment, no matter how hard. So, praise God for the chance for treatment. I haven't had this chance until now. The tumors were too large and wouldn't line up. But God made it happen, so me and God are in for the fight of my life. Just so you know, I, like my daughter, have the will, stamina, and determination to succeed. To win this fight. The only bad news the scan showed, is I have a blood clot at my port site. So now I take shots in my stomach to get rid of the clot. If this is the only bad news I hear, I've got it made. I am so grateful. To God, to the drs, and to my family and friends. Thank you all for praying. Keep praying. Just keep praying. I've been thru much in my life, but I have never had a battle like this. I am strong, just pray my strength will hold. Becky

No comments: