Monday, May 16, 2011

What a weird day!

Went to dr this morning, my nurse friend, Cheryl in tow, to see dr and do my 5 hours of chemo. Afterwards, we were to go to radiology to also schedule my radiation. Cheryl knows more questions to ask and understands the answers, since I don't especially understand. My friend, Amy, took me for a scan this week since I had already had 3 rounds of chemo, and 2 more rounds to go. The dr wanted to see where my tumors were, and how large, before he sent me for radiation. Now here is where it gets weird, and awesome. Dr showed me and Cheryl the first scan. I had 16 lymph nodes in the middle of my chest full of cancer. My left lung had tumors, one spot on the right lung had cancer, and the lower part of my left lung, the lower lobe, had one cancer spot. After the scan Amy took me to, after lots of prayer from lots of people, the dr showed me and Cheryl the second scan. There is no cancer, nowhere. Spot is gone from right lung, 16 lymph nodes clear, left lung clear, so he got with radiologist, and said to cancel radiation, since there was nothing to radiate! Now, by this time, Cheryl and I are excited beyond belief. But the dr isn't. He said to him, he would have rather seen the spot on the right lung. That would have meant my cancer was limited, not extended. Apparently, a person can be cured of limited small cell, but if you get rid of extended small cell, cancer society says it will come back at some point, drs have to keep an eye on it. Ok, call me stupid, but I am excited second scan shows NO cancer. Dr wants to finish up the next 2 rounds of chemo, then do a PET scan to make sure I have no cancer, no where. The scan he did this week was from base of my neck to bottom of my pelvis, and dr said all in between was clear of cancer. This is just God. In march, I was given a death sentence. I was eat up with cancer. Today, there is nothing to go to radiation for! Praise the God I serve! Dr doesn't want me to get excited yet. But I am excited. I am grateful to God for the reprieve. So next week, 3 days of chemo, wait 3 weeks, and go for 3 more days of chemo. After that, PET scan, and I am trusting in God for all cancer to all be gone. Please don't stop praying. Please. Praise the Lord for all he has done. So today, had blood transfusion, and then home. Not a bad day after the 2 scans I saw. Becky

3 comments:

Unknown said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I am not surprised, but so elated!! This could only be God and all the prayers he has heard and the unbelievable grace and mercy that only he can give. Now we must All.. keep the faith. Love you Becky

Laura said...

Becky... I KNEW you were "Special"....... Only God can work miracles such as this. I am SO very happy for you and Give God all the glory !!!!!!

evangelica02 said...

WOW!! I missed reading your blog yesterday. God is AWESOME! Praise be to God! I will keep praying with you