Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Leaving tomorrow

Tomorrow, I'm going to mandi and James house. I am going for several reasons really. I know as long as I stay here, Cheryl will worry about me. She will make sure I can get around, take my medicines, worry herself silly, and forever be the nurse. From my perspective, I have babies to rock at mandis. Stories to be read, bellies to tickle, and just whatever else we can come up with. Mandi and James are aware of my illness, but in fairness, I feel sicker at home. I think it's because I don't have enough to occupy my mind, except the illness. Going to their house, takes my mind off the illness. The other part of that is Matthew seems to like my weird hats, since he thinks I look like a pirate. He doesn't seem bothered by my bald head, maybe since he's had the same cut. But he seems to get a kick out of the hats I wear. So I will take a variety. The other part of this is I am very aware this may be my last mothers day. Russell lives in missouri, christy lives in Denver, dusty lives in Oregon, and mandi and james live in Justin. So we will make it a kinda mothers day weekendish. Hang out, Play with kids, do a little shopping for Riley-graces birthday( I have chemo on her birthday, so I want to make sure her gift is there), church, just wherever the spirit moves us. I typically have to work up to and including mothers day, so this year I will take full advantage of not working. Not too sure what the plans are, maybe there aren't any except just to be together. That is enough for me, and maybe a prayer, that this mothers day will not be my last. If I have my way, it won't be my last. I have fought and will continue to fight as hard as I can to beat this thing. So, I pray, seek God, pray for wisdom and healing, and just keep going. Becky

No comments: