Monday, April 25, 2011

2nd round of chemo

I usually try to wait until the quiet of the evening to do my blog, but since I am hooked up to chemo machines, I may as well. I had my first round of chemo in the hospital. This consisted of 3 days of life saving torture. Today, I am doing my second round of chemo. Two more days to go after this. Dr konduri told me I will have 4 rounds of chemo total. In about 2 weeks, the radiation dr, dr. Skaggs, will do a scan and see if the tumors have shrunk enough to do radiation also. Dr Konduri told me doing both at the same time will make me extremely sick, but I have a good chance if we can pull it off. I will take it. I will take whatever chance they give me, and trust God to just give me the strength to put one foot in front of the other. That is all I have to do, is just put one foot in front of the other. The rest is up to Him. God is such an awesome God and some days I have faith that can move mountains, and some days, I just have the faith of a mustard seed. But I am thinking God just wants me to have faith. I can manage that. I love my life. I love my family, my friends, my job, my church, but most of all, I love my Lord and Savior. Between me and God, we've handled much in my life, and I have no doubt, He will get me thru this. Just keep praying, and keep the faith. Becky

No comments: