Monday, April 4, 2011

I would tell you I'm too excited to sleep

But that was not true. I slept like a baby tucked safe in my
Creators arms. Anyone that knows me well, knows I hate drama
In my home. I grew up with drama, and a life out of control. As
An adult, I do not tolerate it. My home, my walls, is my safe
Haven. It is the place I'm safe, can shut the world outside,
Or let it in. It is the place we laugh, love, entertain, and
Relax. Cheryl and my boys are on the same page as I am. So
Today, I get to go home to that. I get to watch Matts antics,
And he's like Robin Williams on steroids, I get to listen to
Dennis begging me to let him drive. I get to listen to their
Friends (ages 14, 15, 16) In my kitchen talking about all they
Have figured out the world, and it warms my heart as I listen
To how naive they are. But that is ok. Let them believe what they
Will and life will show them different, or not. I love living
I love so many little things. I love the smell of dirt, fresh
Cut grass, bluebell homemade vanilla ice cream, or making my own
Ice cream ( wish I had one of those), I love my mamas secret
Ice cream recipe- which I need to pass on. I love to play video
Games, I love cuddling with my grandchildren, I love that Riley
Is a cuddler, and bub, not so much. He's 10. So he will cuddle
With me, with the eye roll, the stiff body, and you can tell
He's praying no one comes in and catches him. He's too cool. The
Very second I tell him he can get up, he is up like a flash.
But the thing I am most grateful for is God has shown me how
Much I am loved. Not only by my precious family, and believe
Me, they are precious. But I am loved by people who are willing
To put their lives on hold and bring me down for my life saving
Treatment. I thought it would be a short wait for them, but I
Found out it will be a few hour ordeal. We may have to play
Skipbo or farkle. Today, I feel so surrounded by love, I am
Overwhelmed. I am glad my daughter is home from New York,
Because she has always been the one I could tell everything
To, and loved me enough to tell me the straight story back
(even if I didn't like it). She has always been respectful
But het wisdom is great, and I respect what she tells me. So
Today, I go home. My home. My safe place. A place where the
World is not so scary. Feel free to drop by anytime. If I am
Too tired for company, I will tell you so. Come make me laugh,
Bring a funny movie, or a funny story, make fun of my
Baldness, or maybe we can go find me a Mohawk wig. I still want
To go to stans with the girls, and sit on the patio, Sandra
And I still need to walk the trail around to it, and we will do
It. Lord, today I just love and praise you for all of these
Blessings you have given me. And they are blessings. I praise
You for making me well enough to go home, I praise you for
Helping me put things back in perspective, all the "things" I
Thought were important, I now know they are not. But Lord,
Today I just praise you for redeeming me, calling me by name,
And I know, that I know I am yours. Today, is a day I love.
Keep the faith. Becky

1 comment:

Cheri said...

What an awesome reminder of how important the little things are and the greatness of God! Enjoy!
Cheri