Sunday, April 24, 2011

Today was Easter

Today was Easter, and if I was to be completely honest, I have wondered if its my last Easter. It's funny, that before I got cancer, I never thought of that. Of course, there was always next Easter, but today, I do not have that luxery of thought. So today, I attended and spoke at 3 different church services, including a Spanish one. Which was a trick since I don't speak Spanish. Cheryl and Theresa cooked our Easter lunch, which was quite yummy. Me and the boys stayed at church with my cousin charlene and her husband, bob. I want to live to see another Easter. I want to go to mandi and James, like I've done every year but ths one, and color eggs. I want to watch the kiddies get dye on everything but the eggs, and finally, some weird color accidentally lands on the eggs. I love that I serve a risen savior. I love that when he's darn good and ready, he will come get me and take me to him. I just pray it is later than sooner. I am praying to get thru my next 3 days of chemo without it being too hard. And I am praying for all the kind people who take me back and forth to chemo. I know it is a lot of work and trouble for them, and I am ever so grateful when they can work it out. So today, I am just grateful for all God has given me, and the things he's kept away. Thank you to everyone who celebrated Easter with me and Cheryl. And thank the Lord, I had another Easter. Keep the faith, Becky

No comments: