Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I begin again today

Today begins another day. Today, I am alive. Today I spent time with friends planning my Easter dinner. Today, I visited with my dear friends Julie, Clint, and Theresa, and we enjoyed each others company. I would love to tell you that this is not a journal of my cancer journey, but that would be a lie. The truth is, I never would have blogged if I hadn't been diagnosed with this awful disease. So, that being said, as awful and sad and difficult yesterday was, today is a new day for me. I am just a wee little bit more used to having no hair. I am trying to be ok with it, to realize it is just another leg of my journey. And I am ok with it for the most part. I guess all I am trying to say is today is a better day than yesterday. Even if only a little better. Today, I am grateful for my relationship with my God. That He is able to handle my good days and my very bad days. I am so grateful God loves me in spite of myself. I am grateful that no matter what life throws my way, God is always there, but the most thing I am grateful for is I have learned not to blame God for all the bad and terrible things that life has thrown my way but to lean on him in all things. God is the only chance I have, and I will take it. Today, I am oh so grateful for the God I serve. Becky

1 comment:

Judy Perry said...

I love you aunt becky and everyday i am learning that our god is always an on time god! he is great and full of love and miracles in our life, i hope you know how much you are loved by god.. you are so special to him, you are his soldier in christ keep doing what your doing bring others in to him are time is short, i love you