Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Today I'm feeling sorry for myself

What a morning. I woke up around 4:45, feeling well and all I wanted
was a cup of coffee and sit it my recliner. Shouldnt be asking too
Much, right? I did it yesterday and managed just fine. Should be
Able to manage today, too. I make my way to the kitchen, start the
Coffee and down on the floor I went. Ouch!! Didn't hit my head
Or anything, but boy does it hurt. How am I going to get up? I am
so weak, I barely have energy to get up, and calling loud enough
For help is impossible. So I laid there. I figured out if I could
roll over and get on my knees, I could use the dining room chair
To get myself up. That worked. I made coffee, and sat in my walker
While it made and all turned out well. Coffee if done, now all I have
To do is get to recliner. I have the walker to hold on to, so this
Shouldn't be hard. But it sure was. The next thing I know, I am in
the floor, the walker is tumped over, coffee is gone, and I am in
Pain. Mainly from pride, but now I know I am stuck. Kitchen is dark,
I cannot get my bearings, and I am just laying there moaning softly
To myself. I know I cannot get up, upright the walker, and I
Especially cannot call for help. So I prayed. For God to just take
Care of me, help me figure a way out of this mess, but most of all
just keep me from panicking. The next thing I knew, Dennis was by
My side. In a calm voice, he told me he was here and would help me
Somehow, he picked me up out of the floor and literally carried me
to my recliner. He gently laid me in it, checked to see nothing
But pride was injured, fixed my coffee, and got me settled down
In the recliner. It was not time for him to get up, so I asked him
How he found me. He heard the big loud crash of the walker, and
Coffee thermos flying over. He knew I was in trouble. What an
Awesome man. I am so grateful for him. He made sure I was in my
recliner, had a thermos of coffee, glass of water, walker handy,
told me to stay put, then he went back to bed. So, today I am
Feeling a bit sorry for myself. Things that everyday I took for
granted, have now been stripped from me. This sucks. Now my body
is getting sore, I have scraped skin off my elbows, and I am just
generally whiny. I will work on changing my attitude today, for
For now, I think I will just hang out at this pity party I seem
to have going on. Keep the faith, Becky

1 comment:

Love of My Life said...

So, your goal for today was coffee in the recliner. Congratulations, you achieved it before I even got outta bed. I love you Sis.