Saturday, April 2, 2011

I am a wimp on chemo.

Ok, let me tell you, after my first round of chemo yesterday, I am
a wimp. Chemo makes me sick and just feel overall yucky. The
good news is, I felt so bad, I just slept for hours. So that was
a good thing. Eating is hard for me, so I take the nausea shot
Before my meal and after. Not that it makes me want to eat, but
At least I don't puke. My lovely friend, brought me an awesome plaque
that reads" Be still and know that I am God". For those that know
me well enough, they know it is one of my favorite scriptures".
this has helped me a great deal. It is a reminder that all I have
To do is be still and just know he is. God told me years ago to
quit smoking, but the rebellious child I am, I didn't listen. Now
I am suffering the consequences of that decision. Good parents
allow us to suffer consequences, and this may be one on those
Times. I pray it is not. I pray he will show just a little of
His grace and mercy and spare me or at least buy me more time
If at the end of this journey, if anyone of you "blame God",
Then I didn't do my job. I am to blame. Me alone. God is my
comfort, my strength, and personally, I've enjoyed hanging out
With Him. I will keep up the fight, y'all keep up the prayer, and
we'll take this as far as it goes. Keep the faith, becky

5 comments:

TaulPall said...

Your affermation is inspiring to me. I am truely grateful that you are a part of my life. Of course, I am also glad that I quit smoking. :)

I want you to know that I will, for the rest of my life, keep with me some of your spirit. You're a beautiful person who has made this world a better place.

Love of My Life said...

Feed your faith and your fears will starve to death.  ~Author Unknown

Love of My Life said...

Sounds like you are getting an A$$ kicking. I'm expecting you to fight like it's me laying there. If it were, you would tell me....
Get up and fight!
Make a plan
Set goals
Practice
Workout
Eat right
Everyday is practice for tomorrow, don't wait for it, fight for it.
I love you Sis. Now let's go kick some cancer ass.

Coach Bill

Love of My Life said...

Dammit. Was sposta queue "eye of the tiger". I can't have nothing nice. . 

Judy said...

Like Uncle Bill Says Fight Aunt Becky I know you are gonna get through this I love You!!!!!!!!!