Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yesterday a package arrived

Yesterday, while I was home resting, I got a package. Cheryl has learned I do most of my
shopping online. Since money is so tight, I haven't ordered anything except a pretty do rag type scarf with directions on how to tie it. But I got 2 packages. The first one is a shirt my
Dear friend, Theresa turley ordered me that reads "does this shirt make me look bald?". Oh my gosh, how we laughted. Now a note about Theresa, she has a son who is severly handicapped
And she doesn't let him feel sorry for himself, and she won't let me. I have known her many
Years, she has always been honest with me, and she will not hesitate to call me a big whiner
when it is deserved. I love her for that. She can and does feel empathy and love, and is one of the strongest Christians I know. She doesn't just talk it, she walks it. I have learned
More about Christianity from her than you can imagine. Thank you, my friend. Also while
I was in the hospital, they held a class my cousin charlene and I attended called
"bald is beautiful" or some crazy thing. She and I attended and one of the things
They showed us is that scarves or hats still tend to move around on a bald head.
So if you cut the sleeve off an old t-shirt and snug it on your head first, then
The scarf or hat will stay in place and the baldness is not just hanging out there
My dear friend, Josh Ake came to see me from Wylie yesterday, and he arrived about
The time my mail order scarf and directions came. I had a hard time, so he put
It on his head, tied it in different positions, and modeled for me. I sure wish
I would have thought to make pictures. Then we gathered up old t-shirts, different
Colors, and Josh cut the sleeves off of each one, then modeled for me. Now I have
Color coordinated sleeves, along with ideas on how to tie them, ( there is some you pin)
Some you tie in a rosetta tie, etc. and thanks to Josh, I know how to tie each one
What a friend. Josh is confident in his manliness so this didn't bother him one bit. When
Pastor Mike stopped by to bring us supper, Josh kept cutting and modeling. Didnt
Bother him one bit. Josh, I love you and couldn't ask for a better friend. You
Always seem to know what to do. Today is a blessed day, and it has only begun. I
Woke up, I am breathing without assistance, I made my own coffee, and more than
Anything, I know I am loved by my Creator. I have family that loves me, friends
That love me, and I am not alone. This is huge. When I sold insurance, sometimes
I was the only person that senior would see in a month. So I know me being
Surrounded by so many is huge. I am grateful. Thank you all for the visits, calls,
Mails, cards financial help, suppers, and this morning breakfast. it is appreciated. Keep
The faith. Becky

No comments: