Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We now have a plan

Met with the oncologist today. I told him I wanted him to just strap me to an iv pole full of
Chemo until this cancer is gone. Well, he didn't like my suggestion, so he set next round
Of chemo for April 25, 26, & 27th. Then I have 3 weeks down. I don't like 3 weeks down, but
He said more would be dangerous for me (like what I have isn't already dangerous?). After my
Next round of chemo, the drs will decide if I am a candidate for radiation. And somewhere
In between, I have to see a neurologist because of my eaton-lambert disease. I was supposed
To have already called one, but I hadn't. The truth is, I just didn't want to call. I am already sick of drs, hospitals, and appts, that I just didn't call. This was the wrong answer
To give to the dr today. He was furious with me. He reminded me he told me to get this done
Weeks ago. While I'm sitting there, he whips out his cell phone, calls the private number of
The neurologist, and tells her I would be calling her tomorrow and she needed to get me in
As soon as possible. Well, he leaves me no choice there. Now I'm afraid if I don't call, she
Will rat me out! so I will call. My hemoglobin, white counts, and plasma is low. Dr said
It was not unusual for chemo patients, but if it gets any lower, I will be treated to a blood
Transfusion. I would rather have a dip cone! So this is the latest report. I am exhausted
And going to sleep. Keep the faith, Becky

No comments: