Friday, April 8, 2011

My thermos

Several months ago, I was in Tulsa visiting both my brothers and my dear sister in law, Brenda. Brenda
Had gone shopping that day, and some of the things she came home with, was a hand held
Thermos mug/hot drink holder. they hold approx 2 cups of coffee and keep your drink warm
FOREVER! I am not very thoughtful on gifts, my kids can attest to this, so I never would have
thought of buying this gift for anyone. But she bought it for me. I have used it some, but not a lot. Now, let me tell you the cool thing. This thermos holds 2 cups of coffee, keeps my coffee perfect temperature, even if it takes me hours to drink it, and fits perfectly on the
Handle of my walker. We didn't know then what the future held, but God compelled her to buy it
For me, and she did. What an awesome gift, and thank you, Brenda. Now, I'm going to tell some
Thing that isn't mine to tell, but I'm going to tell it anyway. Brenda was diagnosed with breast cancer, and cancer in 15 of her lymph nodes yesterday. Wish she lived closer, we would spend more time together. Brenda is an awesome woman. She truly is, and I have always enjoyed being with her, and spending time with her. She is at stage 2, so there is hope.
I am calling on all my praying brothers and sisters out there to keep Brenda in your
Prayers too. Also, my brother, William, too. He has his hands full, and never
complains. I love Brenda, and she is still in that "shock" stage I was in a few
Weeks ago. Pray, pray, pray for Brenda. Add her to the many prayer lists we have
So it's an odd thing we are going thru this together. I am sure we will spend
Much time on the phone, crying or laughing or comparing notes. Not especially
The way we planned to bond, but I guess we take what we can get. Today, at least
From my perspective, God is good. He has put a joy in my heart, and a song on my
Lips. Cheryl is off today, so we are going to the early movie with Curtis, to see
The Lincoln Lawyer, I will order my tub o buttered popcorn, and for a few hours, life
Will be normal. I have figured out the earlier I get out, the more rested I feel.
So today, Cheryl and I will take advantage of it and be normal. Do something fun. Thank
You, Lord, for this awesome day. A day of life, a day with friends, and a day of
Fun. Mostly, for a day of normalcy. Being normal is fun and good. So today, lord,
I'm grateful. Today I am grateful for my family and friends, and I am grateful
For a day when I feel good. keep praying for me and brenda, and while you are
at it, pray for our caregivers, Cheryl and William. God is good and he can handle
all this. Keep the faith, becky

going out.

No comments: