Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Today we make a plan

Today I go see my oncologist and we make a plan. I like plans. We will decide
when I go for chemo, what days and times. Then I can plan this thru the American
Cancer society, and they will try to send someone to my door to take me to chemo all
At no cost to me. What a deal! Someday, I hope to volunteer to do this awesome
service for other cancer patients. If you have been thinking of ever being a
volunteer anywhere, give this some thought. So back to my thoughts.I am going to
Make plans with my oncologist for my chemo. Tho I'm grateful for chemo, I am
One of those people chemo makes me so weak and sick. Tho I will endure, tho I
will be strong nag fight, it just makes me sick. My dear sister in law had surgery
yesterday and the drs took out all 15 of her cancerous lymph nodes, leaving her
Now cancer free, they cannot do that for me. Tho I am so happy for her, I am envious
they cannot do that for me. I have a different kind of cancer, so my choices are
limited. Yesterday, I went to a Bible Study with an awesome group of ladies. Met
some new ladies, and saw some of the women I met on Sunday at church. The Bible
Study was great and the fellowship was wonderful. I love getting some normalcy
Back to my life. I am pretty sure my life will never be the same as it was
before cancer, but that could be a good thing. I have learned to appreciate
what I have. I have learned to not be so materialistic, I have learned to
Stop and look at the flowers that are blooming instead of rushing to my next oh
so important next stop. And you want to know the best thing I learned? I learned
the world didnt stop turning just because I didn't clean my house, or do my laundry,
Or rush to the next meeting. Tho I love The Home Depot, it is still there, even
With me gone. So for as rushed and busy as I always was, I have now learned that
I should have slowed down a long time ago and enjoyed what God has given me that
I took for granted, or had some idea I somehow deserved this new thing. I am grateful
for what I've learned thru this sickness. Today, I Praise the Lord with everything
In me. God didn't make me sick. I made myself sick because I didn't take care
Of myself. But God is with me. He is keeping me strong, and many times comforting
Me or carrying me. What a God we serve! I am so grateful I woke up today, and
I can breath on my own with no oxygen, and I am going on a trip with 2 of my dear
Friends. I am grateful the church ladies are bringing supper at night. They do
Know what a help that is. Cheryl works nights, and can't fix supper, I am too weak
to do it, and the boys are not good cooks. So this has been great. I will hate
The day it ends. Keep the faith, my friends. Keep praying not only for me, but
for my great group of drs. And keep praying for my sister in law a speedy, speedy
Recovery. Love to all, becky

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Love you, Mom -- praying for the plan today. I know this will be a good meeting!