Monday, April 11, 2011

My day started early

For some reason, I woke up at 3:30 wide awake. I got up, made coffee, and here I sit. My sister in law, is having major cancer surgery today, so I have spent time praying for her. Her name is Brenda, so if you are a believer, please pray for her too. They ar doing for her what they cannot do for me, and I have to admit, I am a little jealous. She has 15 lymph nodes cancerous, and they are going to remove them. I have 16 cancerous lymph nodes, and they won't take mine out. I think mine have to shrink some before they can. I am grateful they are going to take hers out, just wish I could join her. On a brighter note, I went to church yesterday. I go to Lakeway Baptist Church right behind my house. These gracious people have prayed for me, brought supper to my house, visited me in the hospital and at home, and I have not even joined their church yet. so yesterday when I went, and introduced myself to different ones, I heard " oh you are th one we are praying for, or we are bringing you a meal tonight, what do you need help with, do you need me to mow your yard?". These people are the epitome of Christian spirit. So giving, so loving, and to a fellow believer with no selfish motives themselves. I have truly found a home church, and I am anxious to give back. If you do not have a home church, or just want to check it out, try Lakeway Baptist on north colony in The Colony. I am so grateful for today. I am grateful I can breath on my own and don't have to wear oxygen, I am grateful I can still walk, tho with eaton-lambert syndrome sometimes that is a little shaky, I am grateful I woke up today, and I am so grateful Christ died for me. I am grateful I have found a church I can get plugged in to, I am grateful for my family and friends, and I am so grateful I am loved by so many. What a blessing! I am grateful for my 2 foster sons and the joy and laughter they bring me. I am grateful to water my garden and watch my plants come up. I don't know how long my life will be, but you know what? You don't know that either. I just wish I would have figured out the important things sooner than I did, instead of getting caught up in all that stuff that doesn't matter. Today, I am grateful to be alive and mobile, and I am going to take full advantage of it. God is so good, so loving, so full of mercy and grace. He is with me thru my journey, and He won't leave me. I am just grateful! Keep the faith, becky

No comments: